Are you looking for that Colorado ski-CME, but just don’t have the time to spend a week away from work or your family?
Problem solved. We’ve designed a 24-hour Nano-CME for you to give an infusion of education while snowcat skiing the virgin powder bowls at Jones Pass, just behind the Winter Park Ski resort. In partnership with PowerAddiction.com, we’ll teach you some state of the art mountain medicine hacks, in the majestic classroom of the Rocky Mountains.
Fly in on Friday; dine with us at Elway’s—the world-famous Denver restaurant known for high-end cuisine—for a fantastic meal and a brief CME overview. Saturday morning we’ll meet at Jones Pass (just 50 miles from Denver) for a full day of snowcat skiing and experiential learning. By 5pm you’re done! Free to fly home or to join your friends and family on a continuation of your Colorado adventure.
We’ll limit the class to 15 participants for optimal small group learning, authentic wilderness experiences, and snowcat travel. Participants will receive 5 AMA-PRA 1 CME’s from the Wilderness Medical Society.
Course tuition includes dinner at Elway’s, a full day of snowcat skiing, and world class CME instruction. Also included is backcountry ski equipment rentals courtesy of Powder Addiction.
Suitability & Requirements
This trip is suitable for intermediate and advanced skiers. The weather can be very extreme at times and you need to be prepared to make the most of your day.
We will work with our partner PowderAddiction to accommodate you needs. Please go here for more information on equipment requirements and how to procure: http://www.powderaddiction.com/the-experience/what-to-bring/
- Wilderness medicine: 2017 overview
- Accidental hypothermia & field resuscitation: the essentials
- Avalanche 101
- Rocky mountain high: predictors of mountain sickness and a primer on the killers (HAPE & HACE)
- Backcountry trauma-care hacks
- Overview on environmental change & human health
Friday 7:00 PM
- Dinner and 1h CME at Elway’s, in the Cherry Creek District of Denver www.elways.com/home
Saturday 8:00 AM
- Meet at PowderAddiction at Jones Pass for a day of Snowcat Skiing, with 4h of CME spread throughout the day
- Finished by 5pm