Take your next step to medical school (or nursing, PA, dental, vet school!) while learning about and earning a certificate in wilderness and emergency medicine. Join pre-health students from across the country to learn in a stunning setting surrounded by gorges, waterfalls, and trails.
Escape the standard pre-health curriculum for authentic hands-on learning that can make a real difference. Whether you are interested in emergency medicine, humanitarian relief work, disaster medicine, global health, rural medicine, or backcountry first aid, you will learn a ton while earning certifications in Wilderness First Responder and CPR. Learn, earn, and have fun!
Program Benefits Include:
- Taught by University of Colorado School of Medicine faculty
- Get a backstage pass to the med school application process
- Learn how to build a thriving career in healthcare
- Make new friends from across the country
- Earn CPR and Wilderness First Responder certifications (EMTs earn a Wilderness EMT bridge certificate)
- Open to undergrad college students and grads from any school, gap year students
- No experience necessary or pre-requisite courses
Need based scholarships are available. They cover the tuition for the course, but do not cover travel costs or other expenses you may come up against during the course. You can access the application here.